FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CONTACT
Registration Now Open for ITS America’s 2012 Annual Meeting & Exposition
Register Early for Best Rates
WASHINGTON, Feb. 17 – The Intelligent Transportation Society of America (ITS America) today announced the launch of online registration for its 22nd Annual Meeting and Exposition. Attendees can register now for the meeting, workshops and special events to take advantage of early registration rates which end March 16. Registration may be completed online, but there is a downloadable form that can be completed and faxed or mailed. Hotel reservations for the meeting can be made online or by contacting the host hotel directly at 301-965-2000.
The ITS America 22nd Annual Meeting & Exposition, “Smart Transportation: A Future We Can Afford” is a three-day event from May 21-23, 2012 at the Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center in National Harbor, MD, just outside Washington, DC. On the heels of the 18th World Congress on Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) in Orlando, Fl., which showcased ITS in action and featured the leading thought leaders in the industry, the Annual Meeting program will focus on affordable strategies to create smart cities and communities that are safer, cleaner, more livable and less congested.
Top Reasons to Attend:
- A policy focused program with sessions covering a range of tracks from policy and strategy to finance and investment to traffic and congestion management
- Dynamic and relevant speakers including Ursula Burns, Chairman & CEO of Xerox (confirmed)
- Congressional Fact Finding Sessions
- Investor Roundtable on private investment
- Integrated technical tours, program sessions and demonstrations of real life ITS deployments in D.C., Virginia and Maryland
- US DOT Connected Vehicle Safety demonstration
- A 100,000 sq. ft. exhibition featuring the latest products and services that will shape the future of transportation
- Special targeted days for students and emergency responders
Attendees may register for the Annual Meeting online at http://registration3.experient-inc.com/showITS122/. Registration rates will increase after March 16.
Hotel reservations for the meeting can be made online or by contacting the host hotel directly at 301-965-2000.
A room block has been reserved at the Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center. Be sure to mention “ITS America” to receive the negotiated rate. Registrants are responsible for making their own hotel reservations. Contact the hotel at (301) 965-2000 and identify yourself as an ITS America Annual Meeting attendee to ensure proper handling of your reservations. The hotel will send room confirmations. For rates and additional hotel information, visit http://www.itsa.org/annualmeeting/venue-and-housing. The hotel block will be reserved until April 20, 2012.
For more information on ITS America’s 22nd Annual Meeting & Exposition, visit www.itsa.org/annualmeeting.
About the Intelligent Transportation Society of America
The Intelligent Transportation Society of America represents more than 400 member organizations including public agencies, private corporations, and academic institutions involved in the research, development, and deployment of technologies that improve safety, increase mobility, and sustain the environment.