Salary range: $55,000-68,000 + full benefits
Location: Washington D.C. – Headquarters/Partial Remote
FLSA classification: Full-time exempt
Reports to: Director of Membership and Director of Meetings and Education
About ITS America
The Intelligent Transportation Society of America is the country’s largest association that envisions a better future transformed by intelligent mobility that is safer, greener and smarter. ITS America’s broad membership includes public and private sector organizations including state and city departments of transportation, regional and local transportation and planning agencies, private companies providing ITS products and services, auto manufacturers and suppliers, research organizations, academic institutions, and industry associations.
Our mission is to advance the research and deployment of intelligent transportation technologies to save lives, improve mobility, increase accessibility and equity, promote sustainability, and improve efficiency and productivity:
- Convening leaders from the public sector, private companies, academia, and research organizations to create an environment that fosters innovation.
- Promoting a legislative and regulatory environment that supports investment in and the deployment of intelligent systems.
- Conducting research, educating stakeholders, and building awareness of advancements in smart transportation technologies.
ITS America offers full benefits, a flexible hybrid work environment, dynamic opportunities for coaching, mentoring, and development and is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. The organization offers a dynamic, innovative working environment that is team oriented.
When working with the Meetings and Education Department your work focuses to develop and execute educational and networking opportunities for Association members that support ITS America’s vision for a safer, greener, and smarter future. The Membership and Education Coordinator manages and oversees all content, programming, and speaker management for all ITS America educational events. This position supports the advocacy objectives of the Association by ensuring that programming reflects our key policy priorities. The Membership and Education Coordinator coordinates with all departments and reports directly to the Director of Meetings and Education when focusing on these key areas.
When working with the Director of Membership the Membership & Education Coordinator will focus on providing exceptional customer service and relationship building through the handling of inquiries and requests from members and prospective members via email, telephone, mail, or in person. The
Membership & Education Coordinator will acquire knowledge and understanding of ITS America’s member benefits, products, and services. They will also support the ITS America’s vision and policy priorities and communicate the association’s policy priorities to members and prospective members. This role works with all departments and reports directly to the Director of Membership when focusing on membership areas.
This position is an integral member of the Membership and Meetings Departments as well as the ITS America team. This position offers unique opportunities to build relationships and network with thought leaders and experts from multiple sectors across the country and is a valuable opportunity to learn about transportation and mobility technologies and grow your career in this sector. This is an opportunity to work with passionate, mission-driven people and work in an innovative industry with many career advancement opportunities.
To collaborate and work with the Membership Department and the Meetings and Education Department which will support ITS America’s programmatic and strategic objectives related to advancing intelligent transportation for a safer, greener, smarter transportation future.
- Membership (40%)
- With guidance and support from the membership Director, the Membership & Education coordinator will assist in answering and responding to requests from current members, prospective members, and staff while providing exceptional customer service through effective oral and written communication skills.
- Coordinate and support the onboarding of new members.
- Manage the new member welcome process and ensure their names, logos, and company descriptions are shared with the communications team to welcome ITS America members via social media channels and newsletters.
- Process new membership applications send invoice and follow through to ensure membership is established.
- Assist in updating the database maintaining data integrity.
- Meetings and Education (40%)
- Manage all programming and content for ITS America Meetings and Education Department, including conferences, forums, roundtables, and advocacy-focused webinars, in close collaboration with the ITS America Staff representative responsible for that event. Assist in identifying speakers, then execute process from issuing invitations to preparing speakers for actual event.
- Manage ITS America’s Member Webinar program. Including coordinating with members on the overall ITS America Events Schedule, collecting key details from the member for the webinar, and managing all logistics of completing the member webinar.
- Work collaboratively with Director of Meetings and Education to craft ITS America’s annual events calendar. Strategically plan and create educational and networking events to align with the Association’s current key priorities.
- Assist in developing and deploying ITS America’s Education Series, with the goal of expanding the quantity and maximizing the value of virtual and in-person educational content available to Association members.
- State Chapter Committee (10%)
- Serve as a resource for state and local outreach through ITS America State Chapters, working closely with the Director of Membership
- Establish and maintain an updated State Chapter roster, attend monthly calls, and take minutes.
- Coordinate and schedule State Chapter monthly meetings and quarterly State Chapter policy update calls.
- Collect and manage requests from ITS America State Chapters for speaking opportunities at their events, and coordinate with the Director of Membership and Director of Meetings and Education to confirm which speaking opportunities would be approved and who the appropriate representative would be.
- Coaching, Growth, and Development (10%)
- Work with supervisor, mentor, and sponsor regularly to ensure individual’s career goals are developed, provide feedback on performance, and participate in training and development opportunities;
- Plan time for innovation, reading, brainstorming, and creative problem solving to support the organization and the position needs.
- Other Duties as Assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 2+ years of professional experience working in program management, law, policy, communications, committee administration, stakeholder engagement, strategy, or related work
- Experience writing fact sheets, memos, one-page documents, and other materials for external audiences in plain language, with ability to provide a writing sample upon request
- Ability to effectively engage and interact with members/prospective members through e-mail, videoconferencing, and face to face meetings.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once through effective organizational skills and prioritization.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects of various sizes and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with ability to research, collect data, analyze topics and summarize information
- Must be a self-starter, with a proven ability to work independently, and manage time and deadlines
- Team player and collaborator
- Problem solver and detail oriented
- Proven skills in customer service, networking, building relationships, and stakeholder outreach and engagement
- Ability to work with all levels of expertise, from entry-level professionals to corporate executives
- Capable of digesting and quickly understanding complex topics. Ability to translate complex topics into plain language to make ideas easier to understand
- Passion for transportation technology policy goals. Excited about future trends in policy, technology, transportation, environment, mobility, safety or other related issues
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Opportunities for travel to national conferences and in-person forums several times a year
- Tasks involve some physical effort, including light to moderate standing and walking, frequent light lifting (up to 15lb.), and minimal dexterity in the use of fingers, limbs, or body in the operation of routine office equipment. Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a computer to perform majority of the work.
- Extended period of sitting at a workstation or desk. Manual dexterity to work efficiently on computer keyboard for data entry and use other electronics and equipment routinely found in a professional office setting.
- Task requires:
- Sound perception and discrimination
- Visual perception and discrimination
- Oral communications ability
Consideration will be given to remote, virtual working environment. All employees are responsible for their own safety, as well as that of others in the workplace. To help us maintain a safe workplace, everyone must be safety-conscious at all times. This position is performed in a typical office environment where the noise level is usually quiet to moderate. Work may occasionally be performed in public setting or venue such as conferences or workshops where moderate to loud noise from multiple ongoing conversations and presentations may be simultaneously occurring. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. Safe use of equipment, as well as safe practices while on ITS America or Customer property is essential.
ITS America will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and its amendments as well as other applicable local and state employment and disability laws. ITS America is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
- Full benefits and 401k matching
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Onboarding buddy
- Cell phone stipend
- Onsite gym
- Flex schedules
- Monthly and quarterly team building events including happy hours and outings
- Semi-annual staff retreats
- Opportunities for career development and advancement
- Regular coaching and mentoring
ITS America is committed to creating a diverse work environment where everyone belongs and feels included. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. ITS America proudly supports MobilityXX, as a founding member, which champions the inclusion of women and people of color in transportation.