Position: Technical Programs Specialist
Salary Range: $70,000-$85,000
Corporate Location: Washington D.C./Hybrid Schedule
FLSA classification: Full-time exempt
Reports to: Senior Vice-President, Technical Programs & Partnerships
About ITS America
The Intelligent Transportation Society of America is the country’s largest association that envisions a better future transformed by intelligent mobility that is safer, greener and smarter. ITS America’s broad membership includes public and private sector organizations including state and city departments of transportation, regional and local transportation and planning agencies, private companies providing ITS products and services, auto manufacturers and suppliers, research organizations, academic institutions and industry associations.
Our mission is to advance the research and deployment of intelligent transportation technologies to save lives, improve mobility, increase accessibility and equity, promote sustainability, and improve efficiency and productivity:
- Convening leaders from the public sector, private companies, academia, and research organizations to create an environment that fosters innovation.
- Promoting a legislative and regulatory environment that supports investment in and the deployment of intelligent systems.
- Conducting research, educating stakeholders, and building awareness of advancements in smart transportation technologies.
ITS America offers full benefits, a flexible hybrid work environment, dynamic opportunities for coaching, mentoring, and development and is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. The organization offers an innovative working environment that is team-oriented.
The Technical Programs Specialist will be a key part of the Technical Programs Team and work closely with other members of the team to provide support to a variety of projects focused on advancing the research and deployment of intelligent transportation technologies to save lives, improve mobility, promote sustainability, and increase efficiency and productivity.
The Technical Programs Specialist will work closely with federal agencies, partner organizations, and other clients to conduct stakeholder engagement, provide capacity building and training support, facilitate knowledge transfer, identify and highlight emerging transportation trends, and develop reports/publications on topics of interest.
In addition, this position will leverage projects where relevant to the roadmap/mission of the organization, support ITS America shows/events, and serve as a technical resource to members, partners, and staff.
- (80%) Project Support
- Analysis of market trends and/or market adoption of technologies that will improve traffic safety, traffic flow, transit and freight mobility and the environment.
- Conduct stakeholder engagement and outreach to industry stakeholders and experts to advance and promote priority programs or topics within ITS.
- Develop educational materials and support delivery of training to practitioners on technologies or topics of interest.
- Facilitate knowledge transfer amongst professionals at the local, state, and federal levels.
- Convene industry professionals and practitioners to discuss best practices, share lessons learned, and develop national frameworks for advancing technology.
- Develop summary and synthesis reports of current industry processes, near future or other industry technology applicability to state and local governments and industry transportation operations’ needs.
- Research and synthesize institutional and technical topics as it relates to state, regional and local department of transportation processes.
- Conduct literature reviews of current industry and technical reports to identify the strengths and weakness of existing and future technologies.
- Present various technical reports to internal and external project members including at the Federal agency level.
- Develop publications and technical reports on emerging ITS trends and technologies.
- Investigative research into technology such as computer science and geographic information systems (GIS) that can be applied to Transportation Planning, Design, Operations and Maintenance.
- (10%) Coaching, Growth, and Development
- Work with supervisor, mentor, and sponsor regularly to ensure individual’s career goals are developed, receive feedback on performance, and participate in training and development opportunities.
- Plan time for innovation, reading, brainstorming, and creative problem solving to support the organization and the position needs.
- (5%) Membership Support
- Support membership department by seeking out all opportunities to engage current members and attract potential new members. For example:
- Participating in member/potential member meetings as requested
- Serving as a technical resource to members where applicable
- Engaging members or potential members through projects when possible
- Providing input into content of member outreach activities as requested
- (5%) Supporting the Mission of the Organization
- Tie projects to roadmap/mission of the organization – where projects directly relate to the roadmap/mission, seek out opportunities to leverage this work.
- Other Duties as Assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years of professional experience working in project management, stakeholder engagement, meeting facilitation or related work
- Ability to effectively engage clients through e-mail, videoconferencing, and face to face meetings
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects of various sizes
- A degree in Civil or Transportation Engineering
- Experience with meeting facilitation and public speaking
- Strong technical report writing skills
- Proven skills in customer service, networking, and building relationships
- Technical knowledge of transportation and/or ITS
- An understanding of technology devices and ITS equipment
- Knowledge of mathematics and statistical analysis software experience
- Experience managing project cost, schedule, and performance
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Effective communicator (both verbal and written)
- Must be a self-starter, with a proven ability to work independently, and manage time and deadlines
- Flexibility to work on both technical as well as administrative/logistical support for projects
- Ability to work with all levels of expertise, from entry-level professionals to corporate executives
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products, with strong skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to learn and adapt on the job with a passion for learning
- Team player and collaborator
- Overnight, non-local travel ~ 10% of the time.
- Tasks involve some physical effort, including light to moderate standing and walking, frequent light lifting (up to 15lb.), and minimal dexterity in the use of fingers, limbs, or body in the operation of routine office equipment. Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a computer to perform majority of the work.
- Extended period of sitting at a workstation or desk. Manual dexterity to work efficiently on computer keyboard for data entry and use other electronics and equipment routinely found in a professional office setting.
- Task requires:
- Sound perception and discrimination
- Visual perception and discrimination
- Oral communications ability
ITS America has a hybrid work schedule. All employees are responsible for their own safety, as well as that of others in the workplace. To help us maintain a safe workplace, everyone must be safety-conscious at all times. This position is performed in a typical office environment where the noise level is usually quiet to moderate. Work may occasionally be performed in public setting or venue such as conferences or workshops where moderate to loud noise from multiple ongoing conversations and presentations may be simultaneously occurring. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. Safe use of equipment, as well as safe practices while on ITS America or Customer property is essential.
ITS America will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and its amendments as well as other applicable local and state employment and disability laws. ITS America is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
- Full benefits and 401k matching
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Onboarding buddy
- Cell phone stipend
- Onsite gym
- Monthly and quarterly team building events including happy hours and outings
- Flex schedules
- Regular coaching and mentoring
- Semi-annual staff retreats
- Opportunities for career development and advancement
ITS America is committed to creating a diverse work environment where everyone belongs and feels included. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. ITS America proudly supports MobilityXX, as a founding member, which champions the inclusion of women and people of color in transportation.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and any additional questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org