May 28, 2019
COUNTDOWN MODE – ITS AMERICA ANNUAL MEETING BEGINS IN 168 HOURS!
Welcome – almost – to Washington, DC! At this time next week, the ITS America 28th Annual Meeting & Expo will be kicking off, and we can’t wait to see our members throughout the week.
The full program is available on the meeting website and the conference app, but we wanted to call out some of the week’s highlights:
Wednesday, June 5, 9:45-11 am
U.S. Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-OR) invited
Jeff Klei, President, Continental North America
Panel – Intelligent Mobility: Safer, Greener, Smarter.
Thursday, June 6, 9:45-11 am
U.S. Rep. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-DC)
Paul Misener, VP for Global Innovation & Policy, Amazon
Panel – Moving People, Data and Freight
RECEPTIONS & AWARDS
– Best of ITS Showcase Reception – Tuesday, June 4, 5-6:30. Best of ITS, student essay contest, ITS America Hall of Fame and State Chapter awards will be announced and recognized.
– Exhibitor Welcome Reception – Wednesday, June 5, 5-6 pm
– World Congress 2020 Reception – Thursday, June 6, 5-6 pm
Six sessions are scheduled for Wednesday and Thursday, with topics ranging from saving the 5.9GHz spectrum; opportunities related to AVs and healthcare, aging, and people with disabilities; data sharing; freight and cross-industry commitments to connected technologies. Participants and details can be found here.
Information on the below meetings is available here.
– Mobility on Demand (MOD) forum – Monday, June 3, 2:30-6 pm. Registration is still open and is free for all ITS America members! Click here for more information.
– PCB Training/Cybersecurity – Tuesday, June 4, 8:30 am-12:30 pm
– Joint national organizations (FHWA; ITSA; ITE; AASHTO; CAT Coalition) meeting: advancing roadway automation readiness – Tuesday, June 4, 9:30-11:30 am
– Emergency Response Day – Wednesday, June 5
– State DOT Roundtable – Thursday, June 6, 2 pm
– Women in ITS Breakfast – Friday, June 7, 8 am
Demonstrations will be held Tuesday, June 4, 2-5 pm; Wednesday and Thursday, June 5-6, 8 am-5pm; and Friday, June 7, 8-11 am. For more information, click here or visit the following demonstrating companies’ booths in the exhibit hall: Ford; FLIR; Audi and Traffic Technology Services; GEWI and iCone.
To search all scheduled sessions, visit the online agenda and download the conference app by searching ITSDC2019 in your Apple or Android stores. And please stop by the ITS America booth – we will be there throughout the week and are hosting a ‘member coffee break’ on Wednesday, June 5 at 2 pm.
We hope to see you next week!
ITS AMERICA STAFF CONNECTION: RACHEL RETTBERG
Name: Rachel Rettberg
Title: Director, Meetings & Events
Company: ITS America
Short Job description/Role Responsibility: I manage our Annual meetings, World Congress, executive forums, and various other events throughout the year.
Favorite Part of working at ITSA: I have been a part of the ITS America Family for 6 years and I have been able to play a role in almost every department. I love logistics and planning, so running our annual conference and World Congress activities, as well as smaller events like our Executive Forums, has truly allowed me to grow.
What are you most looking forward to at #ITSDC2019: Seeing all of our hard work come together.
Hobbies: I am a TV and Harry Potter junkie. 🙂
If you weren’t working in Transportation industry, you would: I would open my own dance studio. I was a ballet major in college, and have 18 years of dance training.
Any other fun fact you would like to share? I got engaged this year and will not only be planning#ITSWC20 but preparing for my wedding.