November 22, 2021
Two Weeks Until #ITSAM21 in Charlotte!
At long last, the ITS America 2021 Annual Meeting in Charlotte is just 15 days away! It has been more than two years since the ITS community has gathered in the United States, and we are thrilled to convene our colleagues after two years of mostly virtual gatherings.
If you have not registered, it is just a click away! Some of what we are most excited about:
- Keynote presentations focusing on safety, equity, and a more sustainable transportation system;
- More than 60 in-person and virtual sessions exploring topics such as connected and automated technologies, equity and accessibility, innovative uses of big data, pandemic impact on transportation, supply chain and logistics, and security;
- ITS World Congress 2022 celebration at the Nascar Hall of Fame;
- MobilityXX breakfast session;
- Annual awards showcase, including the new “Best of MOD” award; and
- The Exhibit Hall!
The event program is outlined below, with links that provide more information.
Tuesday, December 7
1-5 pm | General Sessions
5 pm | ITS Awards Showcase which features the “Best of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS),” “Outstanding State Chapters,” and the new “Best of MOD” awards.
Wednesday, December 8
8-10:30 am | General Sessions
1:45 pm | Keynote presentation and panel discussion “Safer and More Equitable Mobility” featuring NTSB Chair Jennifer Homendy
3-4:30 pm | General Sessions
11 am – 5 pm | Exhibit Hall open, including the VTTI and Pronto CONOPS Roadshow Demonstration. This roadshow, debuting at the Annual Meeting, will highlight demonstrations of automated driving systems developed under the Trucking Fleet Concept of Operations (CONOPS) project.
5-6 pm | Exhibitor Welcome Reception
Thursday, December 9
9:30-10:45 am | Keynote presentation and panel discussion “A Cleaner and More Sustainable Transportation System” featuring Michael Berube, U.S. Department of Energy
11-12 pm and 1-5 pm | General Sessions
11-5 pm | Exhibit Hall open
6-9 pm | ITS World Congress 2022 Los Angeles celebration at the Nascar Hall of Fame
Friday, December 10
8-9 am | General Sessions
9:30-10:45 am | State DOT Roundtable
11-2:30 pm | Exhibit Hall open
As always, ITS America will have a booth on the exhibit floor (booth #1727) so please stop by and say hello if you are there – we hope to see you in Charlotte!