January 18, 2022
Transformation by Transportation: #ITSWC22
Call for Contributions is Open!
The fun begins! Now through March 1st is your time to prepare and submit ideas for “Transformation by Transportation,” the 28th ITS World Congress (ITSWC22), happeningSeptember 18-22, 2022 in Los Angeles.
Intelligent transportation technologies provide opportunities to reimagine mobility and transform outcomes for generations – greener communities and more resilient systems, increased access and equity, and safer, smarter streets for all.
The 2022 ITS World Congress will bring together the entire intelligent transportation community for five days of education, networking, technical tours, and demonstrations exploring emerging technologies, solutions, and products that will move us toward our vision of a better future transformed by intelligent mobility.
ITSWC22 programming will serve the entire spectrum of the Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) and mobility ecosystem, including: public sector agencies including state departments of transportation, cities, transit, and metropolitan planning organizations (MPOs); transportation operators and manufacturers, research analysts, academic and research institutions, consulting firms, architects, engineers, investors and venture capitalists, innovative urban mobility players—micro-mobility, ride sharing, ride hailing, scooters, Mobility on Demand— urban air mobility (e.g. helicopters, drones), and more!
The International Program Committee invites ITS experts to submit their contributions for papers and special interest sessions to be considered for presentation and publication at the 2022 ITS World Congress.
Program themes include: digital infrastructure; equitable and seamless mobility; intelligent, connected, and automated vehicles; organizing for successful policy governance, business models, and international cooperation; path to Vision Zero; and sustainability and resiliency.
In addition, contributors will select from the following cross-cutting topics:
• Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning • Automated Vehicle • Communications / Spectrum • Connected Vehicle • Cybersecurity • Digital Infrastructure and Data Access/Privacy • Electric / Alternative Fuels / Emissions • Emerging Technologies • Goods Movement • Infrastructure • ITS Standards and Architecture • MOD / MaaS • Rural • Smart City • Transportation Systems Operations • Truck Operations/CVO • V2x
Who Should Submit a Paper?
If you or someone in your organization has recently undertaken ITS research related to one of the themes, please submit your findings! Accepted paper authors (or their designee) will present findings in a session titled and scheduled by the IPC with moderators appointed by the Committee. Only high-quality papers will be accepted due to a limited number of paper sessions. If your paper is accepted, you will:
• Participate in one of the most highly regarded events in the transportation industry;
• Build your reputation and your organization’s status as an information resource within the international ITS industry;
• Have your paper published in the online proceedings following the ITSWC22, making your findings available to the international ITS community;
• Add value to the knowledge-base of other transportation, technology, and business professionals; and
• Receive a reduced registration fee to attend ITSWC22 (speakers and moderators only)
Special Interest Sessions (SIS)
The IPC also invites ITS experts to submit proposals for a scheduled session at ITSWC22. Those whose proposals are accepted commit to organize the 90-minute session content, session moderator, and speakers. Before a moderator and speakers are listed in the submission, session organizers are expected to let them know they have been identified as a possible participant, ensure they understand they are required to register (and pay a reduced speaker/moderator fee), and confirm their willingness to participate in the session.
March 1 – Call for Contributions submission portal closes
April 29 – Status notification to paper authors and SIS organizers
May 28 – Final paper submission and SIS submission deadline
If you missed seeing this video at the Annual Meeting in Charlotte, check out why we are so excited to welcome the world to Los Angeles. Mark your calendars and get ready for ITSWC22!