2023 SMART Mobility Webinar Series – Webinar #2: Multimodal Travel: Transit and Ride Hail
The SMART (Systems and Modeling for Accelerated Research in Transportation) Mobility Consortium is an effort led by the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) and multiple National Laboratories dedicated to further understanding the energy implications and potential opportunities from advanced mobility solutions. The DOE Vehicle Technologies Office (VTO) Energy Efficient Mobility Systems (EEMS) program launched the current phase of SMART Mobility in late 2019. This webinar series reports on insights and recommendations from the research with respect to improving mobility system equity along with time, cost, and energy efficiency.
The webinar series began in February with an overview of DOE’s SMART Mobility Consortium, Metrics and Insight Sneak Peek. The second webinar will provide an in-depth view of the insights related to multimodal travel with focus on transit and ride hail. Further content to be covered in the webinar include:
• How important is transit to metropolitan areas?
• How can metropolitan areas increase transit ridership?
• How can transit contribute to transportation decarbonization?
• What is the impact of ride hail fleet size, price, repositioning… on customer demand and overall network?
• What are the potential synergies between transit and ride hail?
• How can transit and ride hail support equity goals?