April 26, 2021
ITS America Releases Technology Blueprint
Last week, ITS America released our technology blueprint, which outlines how technology can transform the U.S. transportation system. We shared the blueprint with our members as well as many other transportation stakeholders, including key congressional and executive branch staff, and ITS America President & CEO Shailen Bhatt sent a letter about the blueprint to Secretary of Transportation Pete Buttigieg.
In conjunction with the release, ITS America hosted an online executive roundtable with current and former board members. It was an excellent discussion and is available here if you weren’t able to watch it live. Shailen moderated the conversation with
- Tilly Chang, Executive Director, San Francisco County Transportation Authority (SFCTA);
- Roger Millar, Secretary, Washington State Department of Transportation;
- Leslie Richards, General Manager, Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority; and
- Desi Ujkashevic, Global Director, Automotive Safety Engineering, Ford Motor Company.
A few tidbits from the discussion:
- “We need to incentivize collaboration – how do we break the mold? How can we bring community-based orgs and non-profits together, as well as publics and privates?” Tilly Chang
- “Payment technology and Mobility on Demand issues are important for SEPTA. We know we need to be a mobility option of choice.” Leslie Richards
- “We believe self-driving vehicles will help make a positive impact and provide greater access to transportation. There’s a lot of work to be done.” Desi Ujkashevic
- “It’s about providing people with choices for how they get around and information about those choices. My advice to Washington, DC is to be sure when we’re talking about choices that it is about choices for all Americans.” Roger Millar
We are planning additional virtual events in which we will discuss different aspects of the blueprint, so please keep an eye out!