Salary: $80,000 – $95,000 + Full Benefits
Corporate Location: Washington D.C./Hybrid Schedule
Classification: Full-Time Exempt
Reports to: Senior Vice President, Member Engagement and Operations
About ITS America
The Intelligent Transportation Society of America is the country’s largest association that envisions a better future transformed by intelligent mobility that is safer, greener and smarter. ITS America’s broad membership includes public and private sector organizations including state and city departments of transportation, regional and local transportation and planning agencies, private companies providing ITS products and services, auto manufacturers and suppliers, research organizations, academic institutions and industry associations.
Our mission is to advance the research and deployment of intelligent transportation technologies to save lives, improve mobility, increase accessibility and equity, promote sustainability, and improve efficiency and productivity:
- Convening leaders from the public sector, private companies, academia, and research organizations to create an environment that fosters innovation.
- Promoting a legislative and regulatory environment that supports investment in and the deployment of intelligent systems.
- Conducting research, educating stakeholders, and building awareness of advancements in smart transportation technologies.
ITS America offers full benefits, a flexible hybrid work environment, dynamic opportunities for coaching, mentoring, and development and is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. The organization offers an innovative working environment that is team-oriented.
The Director of Operations will oversee the day-to-day activities of the organization, ensuring that the organization is managed and performing efficiently and effectively. In this role, the Director of Operations provides critical support to the President and CEO and the SVP of Member Engagement and Operations, providing strategic input and performing administrative functions.
- Operations (80%)
- Oversee and direct office operations.
- Define, revise, and implement operational policies and guidelines for the organization.
- Work closely with the Senior Leadership Team to ensure coordination among all departments.
- Communicate and explain new directives, policies, or procedures to managers; for major changes, meet with entire staff to explain changes, answer questions, and maintain morale.
- Work with the Senior Leadership Team to track implementation of goals in support of the organization’s strategic plan.
- Serve as the liaison to the Board and Board Committees. Ensure that the committees meet regularly, prepare materials for the CEO and for meetings, collaborate with key staff and external consultants as needed.
- Maintain and update the board governance framework and manage the work of the Governance Committee.
- Maintain and support the development of the executive office budget.
- Serve as Staff/Organization liaison for IT, Human Resources (HR), and Building Management.
- Maintain office supplies.
- Coordinate with departmental managers on all organization contracts and ensure all are stored in a central location.
- Executive Support (10%)
- Interface with the association’s Board of Directors and other key clients in a professional manner as representative of the executive team.
- As needed, prepare/edit internal and external letters, memos from the CEO.
- Coordinate the President and CEO’s schedule, which includes scheduling appointments, making reservations, booking travel arrangements (as needed), handling registrations for conferences and events.
- Greet clients and visitors to the executive office.
- Manage and submit ITS America President and CEO expenses.
- Coaching, Growth, and Development (10%)
- Work with supervisor, mentor, and sponsor regularly to ensure individual’s career goals are developed, receive feedback on performance, and participate in training and development opportunities.
- Plan time for innovation, reading, brainstorming, and creative problem solving to support the organization and the position needs.
- Other Duties as Assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 3+ years of professional experience working in operations required.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Extremely detail oriented.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once through effective organizational skills and prioritization
- Proven skills in customer service support and ability to work with all levels of expertise, from entry-level professionals to corporate executives.
- Must be a self-starter, with a proven ability to work independently, and manage time and deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with varying complexity and ability to deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with ability to research, collect data, analyze topics and summarize information.
- Team player and collaborator.
- Problem solver and detail oriented.
- Capable of digesting and quickly understanding complex topics. Ability to translate complex topics into plain language to make ideas easier to understand.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite products, with strong skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Outlook.
- Potential travel for 2-3 trips per year.
- Tasks involve some physical effort, including light to moderate standing and walking, frequent light lifting (up to 15lb.), and minimal dexterity in the use of fingers, limbs, or body in the operation of routine office equipment. Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a computer to perform majority of the work.
- Extended period of sitting at a workstation or desk. Manual dexterity to work efficiently on computer keyboard for data entry and use other electronics and equipment routinely found in a professional office setting.
- Task requires:
- Sound perception and discrimination
- Visual perception and discrimination
- Oral communications ability
ITS America has a hybrid work schedule. All employees are responsible for their own safety, as well as that of others in the workplace. To help us maintain a safe workplace, everyone must be safety-conscious at all times. This position is performed in a typical office environment where the noise level is usually quiet to moderate. Work may occasionally be performed in public setting or venue such as conferences or workshops where moderate to loud noise from multiple ongoing conversations and presentations may be simultaneously occurring. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. Safe use of equipment, as well as safe practices while on ITS America or Customer property is essential.
ITS America will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and its amendments as well as other applicable local and state employment and disability laws. ITS America is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
- Full benefits and 401k matching
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Onboarding buddy
- Cell phone stipend
- Onsite gym
- Monthly and quarterly team building events including happy hours and outings
- Flex schedules
- Regular coaching and mentoring
- Semi-annual staff retreats
- Opportunities for career development and advancement
ITS America is committed to creating a diverse work environment where everyone belongs and feels included. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. ITS America proudly supports MobilityXX, as a founding member, which champions the inclusion of women and people of color in transportation.
Questions? Contact Rachel Rettberg at firstname.lastname@example.org.