MobilityXX Presents: 10% in 10 Years: Advancing Women in Transportation
Why is it important to bring more women and diverse voices into transportation? Quite simply, we believe that to effectively solve the complex challenges of the transportation industry, all perspectives are valuable and essential – but today, women only make up 15 percent of the transportation workforce and even less at the CEO and C-suite level. The Intelligent Transportation Society of America (ITS America), The Ray, and the WTS International Foundation have joined forces to create MobilityXX, which is committed to increasing the number of women in the transportation industry by 10 percent over the next 10 years.
Please join us as we hear from transportation leaders about why they are passionate about strengthening equity in transportation across the country, the critical technologies that must be deployed, and a new program that will help us reach our goal!
• Karen Philbrick, Executive Director, Mineta Transportation Institute
• Jannet Walker-Ford, National Transit and Rail Leader, WSP
• Monica Jones, Chief Equity Officer, COTA
• Ramin Massoumi, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Transportation Systems, Iteris
• Laura Chace, President & CEO, ITS America (moderator)