Reimagining America’s Transportation System and Outcomes through Automated Vehicle TechnologyTransforming Transportation through Technology – Blueprint Webinar Series
September 28, 2021 | 3:00pm – 4:00pm ET
More than 38,000 people died on US roads in 2020. Our cities, the engine of the US economy, are revving once again, leading to increased congestion. Interstates divide our communities. The transportation sector is responsible for 29 percent of the country’s greenhouse gas emissions. Our highways and bridges built largely between the mid-1950 to 1970s are crumbling and struggling to move goods and people with the efficiency required by the technology-driven global economy.
Twenty-one years into the 21st century, highly automated vehicles present us with a generational opportunity to reimagine our transportation system and transform outcomes – saving tens of thousands of people, reducing greenhouse gas emissions and congestion, and leading to more vibrant and more equitable places. Critical to achieving this future is the government putting in place regulations and investments for the physical and digital infrastructure with developers of AV technology around areas such as safety, equity, climate, and intelligent infrastructure as the technology moves from expanded pilots to full deployment of AV fleets.
In this webinar, you will learn the ways that states, cities, AV developers, and infrastructure leaders are incorporating many of these policies and more into regulation, vehicle design, deployment, and infrastructure.
• Nat Beuse, Vice President of Safety, Aurora
• Seleta Reynolds, General Manager, Los Angeles Department of Transportation
• Kevin Thibault, Secretary, Florida Department of Transportation
• Kevin Biesty, Deputy Director for Policy, Arizona Department of Transportation
• Desi Ujkashevic, Global Director of Global Automotive Safety Engineering Office, Ford
• Dan Corey, Vice-President & Deputy National ITS Program Leader for ITS, Connected/Automated Vehicles and Emerging Technologies, AECOM